Benefits of Chiropractic Care for BabiesJuly 8, 2021
Everyone loves going to the chiropractor. The benefits are immeasurable, and for the most part, people feel noticeably better physically, mentally, and emotionally even after just a handful of visits. Just as adults feel the benefits of chiropractic, the same goes for babies and children. The truth is that chiropractic care isn’t just for adults. Children of all ages are treated every day by chiropractors for a variety of health reasons. And when it comes to babies, they are never too small for an adjustment. In fact, it could be the best thing for them. Learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care for babies.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Babies
Childbirth is traumatic.
Before we go into the various benefits of chiropractic care for babies, it’s important to point out that unless the baby comes out untouched, the birthing process is a traumatic experience for them. As the doctor is assisting the mother, they sometimes must twist and pull on the baby as it comes out of the birth canal. No matter how careful they are, these forceful movements can unknowingly hurt the baby’s shoulder(s) or neck. This can cause them to grow crooked or be in such pain that they cry all the time.
We believe a chiropractor should be a big part of a baby’s life. In fact, as soon as a baby and mom are mobile, the baby needs to be checked out by a chiropractor as soon as possible to ensure the baby is happy and functioning properly.
Benefits of chiropractic care for babies:
- Helps with colic — Colic is the time in a baby’s life when they cry or fuss for prolonged periods of time. We treat colic by removing interferences to the stomach and intestines. This helps the baby feel better, and that is what a chiropractic adjustment does.
- They sleep better — According to sleep.org, 40 percent of infants experience deeper slumbers after just one session with a chiropractor. This is a stat every parent will love, considering that about one out of four babies has sleep troubles. The adjustments performed on infants by a family chiropractor are done with an instrument rather than by hand. They are easier than the ones for adults because infants are more flexible, and their bones move easily. This will help keep them in a relaxed state, leading to quality sleep.
- Can help avoid getting ear infections — Ear infections are a common thing for many infants and toddlers. Gentle chiropractic adjustments help correct problems before an infection sets in.
- Growing pains can be managed better — Every child is going to experience growing pains. But if they are seeing a chiropractor as a baby, they will grow straighter during this time and be able to adjust better to how their body is changing. Their spine will also be able to handle the demands of their growing body and active lifestyle as they get older.
- Their organs function better — One of many benefits of going to the chiropractor is improved organ function. When the body is aligned, it can restore health and function from the inside out. This is one of the bigger benefits of chiropractic care for babies since it can eliminate stomach and intestine issues, constipation, diarrhea, and more.
The ICA and ICPA has a community of more than 6,000 chiropractors (including Dr. Jason Van Ness, & Dr. Rani Sabri) who are dedicated to serving families and pregnant mothers. Science has continually proven that chiropractic care is safe, and hundreds of thousands of parents say that it has provided a myriad of benefits for their children and babies. Our goal is to bring balance to the nervous system and the functioning of joints — no matter how young or old you are. You can find more information on chiropractic care for pregnant women and babies at https://icpa4kids.com/.
The Van Ness Chiropractic Difference
At Van Ness Chiropractic, we realize that chiropractic care is not one size fits all. We have the clinical knowledge and expert staff to offer targeted treatment and patient education that is effective and empowering. Call us today at 847-842-8070 to set up your appointment for a comprehensive examination and get your family on the road to health today. You can also visit us at vannesschiro.com to find out more.